Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Winter Wonderland Card Kit Swap

Today's card comes from a "Card Kit Swap" - one of my favorite swaps.  I created this card & then sent identical materials to a friend to see what she came up with from the same materials. 

Materials List:

  • White card base
  • White card stock with two small stamped/embossed images (from Gemini's Winter Wonderland stamp and die set)
  • Silver poster board
  • Aqua glimmer paper
  • One sheet double sided paper from Stampin' Ups "Feels Like Frost" 6 x 6 paper pack
  • An 8" piece of sparkly ribbon
  • 9 Silver Holographic Jewel Dazzles

Here's a picture of the materials:

Card Front (see picture top of page):

I started by cutting the silver piece so it was just a bit smaller than the card front.  This would be my mat, but I didn't want to waste it!  So, using a die from Crafti Potential's set called Stitched Rectangles Dots and Stars, I cut a rectangle from the center and set it aside to use later.  I cut the aqua glimmer paper to slightly smaller than the silver & used the same die to cut out the center.  I layered the silver and aqua and glued them to the card front forming a frame.  Then I once again used that same die to cut a piece from the patterned paper and inset it into the frame - AFTER I wrapped it with a small piece of the glittered lacy ribbon.

Next, after coloring my images using scroll and brush markers & a water brush, I used the dies that came in the set with the stamp.  I cut two pieces from the center of the remaining silver - the winter wonderland circle and the circle that fits inside it.  Then I cut a piece of the aqua with the sun-shaped die.  Finally I cut out the one of the images using the smallest circle die from the set.  I layered these to form the focal you see in the picture above.  To complete the card front, I added 3 Jewel Dazzles in the top left corner & the bottom right corner.

Inside:

For the inside, I used the same cutting dies & materials.  This time I cut a strip of the aqua for a border, then created an embellishment of a aqua circle, and sun-shaped stamped image - both cut with the same die set as used for the focal on the card front.  3 more Jewel Dazzles and I was done.

I'll not post her make here, but instead post the materials she sent me and what I made from them.  We clearly were thinking similarly when we pulled materials!  Here's what she sent:


And here is what I made using this set of papers (the patterned papers are double-sided and I used the backs of them).  It's a Inverted Center Step Card - for instructions on making the card base, check here.

I had to cut my papers carefully to get everything from the single sheets she sent.  As you can see, from the plain card stock I cut the background for the part of the card that set forward, as well as a mat for both center pieces (front & inside) and the greetings.  Then from each of the two patterned pieces I cut two background pieces (for front & inside).  Besides the die cut greetings, the only things I had for decorating it was the snowflake sequins, some silver sequins (which I didn't use) and some ribbon.  You can see that the ribbon went down the sides of the card front & then the snowflake sequins were scattered around on it. 

Inside:



No comments: