Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, February 3, 2022

HD A Sparkling Season - Bear Hugs

Today I got to play with what is so far one of my favorite Hunkydory kits.  This one is called A Sparkling Season, and the set I started with is called Bear Hugs.  The kit actually has two of them, but I split the kit with my Mom, so only had one.  You can see it in the picture above - a page of die cuts and two AS sheets (Adorable Scorable printed card stock).  The foiling is actually holographic and REALLY sparkles in the light!  

I also got their coordinating 8 x 8 paper pad (see pics of some of the related pages below).  Since I split it with my Mom I had two of each page (4 of each come in the paper pad).

I also got their coordinating foiled AS that is absolutely gorgeous (no picture, sorry).  

So, using these materials, I got 12 cards (I saved the bunny side of the 8x8 pages for later when I work with the set that has bunnies).  Here are pictures of the first 6 cards:

And pictures of the next 6 cards (not sure why the color is off, but I don't seem to be able to correct it): 


And here are the close-ups.

Card #1:

The focal on this one was made by cutting a piece of the AS to fit one of the die cut frames. The background for the card front (and the borders on the inside) is from some of that coordinating AS.  The sentiment is a cut out from the 8 x 8 paper pad.

Inside:

In addition to the AS borders, I have a stamped greeting (one of Mom's stamps).

Card #2:

This focal scene is from the 8 x 8 paper pad - as is the cut out greeting.  I added a frame to the whole from my stash.

Inside:

Scraps of paper from that paper pad are used for borders on the inside - and the polar bear is a cut-out from the same paper pad.  The greeting is the same stamp as the previous card.

Card #3:

I love these colors and the way the card turned out.  I started with a piece of AS - from which I cut a second border piece & added to the top of the card.  When I was done adding the 2nd border, the piece was larger than my card, so I cut strips off the top & bottom and saved them.  (You'll see them on the next card.)  I added a couple of cut outs from the 8 x 8 paper pad - the greeting & the polar bear cub.

Inside:

Inside is another border piece & a cut out cub.  The stamped used is another of Mom's.

Card #4:

I make my slim line cards 9 inches by 3 3/4 or 4, so the AS is always a bit short.  Adding a second border strip, like I did on the last one, is one way to handle that issue.  Here's another.  By adding my saved strips cut from the border of the last card, I created a border on each side & effectively extended my AS.  Then I added a couple die cuts from the set & called it good.

Inside:

I found some card stock in my stash that was just the right color to form a border on the inside.  Another die cut and another of Mom's stamps completed the inside.

Card #5:

Here, I started with a background of the coordinating AS.  This time, to extend the AS, I cut a piece off one end & moved it over to create the look of a white border.  Before adding the die cut, I cut out a piece behind it (using a Spellbinders Labels Four die) which I reserved for the inside of the card.  Then I simply added a couple of die cuts from the set & the card front was finished.

Inside:

The reserved die cut AS, a polar bear cub cut out (from the 8 x 8 pad) and another of Mom's stamps completed the inside.

Card #6:

Here's another way I extend the AS. I cut it and covered the missing area with ribbon to create a border.  Adding a greeting from the set - using foam tape for dimension - was all that was required to finish the outside of this card.

Inside:

A strip of holographic paper from the dollar store & a die cut from the set complete the inside.

Card #7:

Here I have a slimline card.  The scene, cut from one of the pages in the 8" x 8" paper pack, is matted on a couple of papers from my stash - a glittery silver and a dark blue. The bear is matted on the blue as well, and the sentiment is a cutout from the paper pack.

Inside:

Sometimes I come up with rather unusual ideas for my cards.  In this case I cut a strip from the cover of the 8x8 paper pad to get the bears you see on the inside.  I wish I had cut the mats (same materials as the card front) a bit narrower, and though I wanted the bears offset it would have been better if it wasn't offset quite so much.  But, by the time I realized that, everything was already glued down.  Oh well, you live & learn.

Card #8:

The entire card front was cut from one of the 8x8 papers.  I then inked the edges, stamped the greeting (Mom's stamp), and embossed it with clear embossing powder so it wouldn't smear (since the papers are somewhat glossy).

Inside:


 
A scrap of the paper and a bear cut-out works with the stamped message to complete the inside of the card.

Card #9:

The background for this beautiful card is a piece of the AS that came in the set.  I made the card as an interlocking gate fold, so the frame is glued to one side and the focal to the other.  I die cut a piece of glitzy paper to create the frame for the sentiment cut out (die from Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles Two set) - once again gluing it just to one side of the gate fold.

Inside:

Inside I chose to just use one of Mom's stamps - but stamped it using 3 different colors of ink to coordinate with the card front.

Card #10:

The card front is again cut from an 8x8 paper.  This time I cut it into two pieces & edge embossed each with silver before adding a die cut glitzy border between (die from Ironwork Accents from Spellbinders).  I changed the "Mum" to "Mama" on the cut out greeting (from the paper pad) using a Sharpie - then added a stamped/embossed greeting below it (Mom's stamp).

Inside:

A cut out tag and a peach scrap - both from the paper pad - were embossed with the same silver powder & glued in place.  A Jewel Dazzle forms the "tack" that holds the tag in place.

Card #11:

The background was again from the paper pad - along with the sentiment & little bear cutouts.  You'll notice that I glued a piece that said "Aunt" over the place that said "Mum".  It's not the cleanest fix in the world, but at least I'll be able to use the card this way.  Narrow strips of silver glitzy paper for the border on either side.  I also added Frosted Lace Stickles to the trees for a bit more sparkle.

Card #12:

This last card once again comes from one of the 8 x 8 papers - it's actually the lower half of the one used on the previous card.  As you can see, I matted it & used border strips of turquoise.  The sentiment is a cutout from the paper pad.

Inside:


A strip of the turquoise, a cutout bear from the paper pad, and one of Mom's stamped sentiments completes the inside of this last card from this set.


No comments: