Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, September 17, 2021

Purple Florals

One of the challenges on the Paper Wishers Message Board this month was to start using up some of my old paper stash by using at least 3 patterns from a single paper set on one card.  Only the first and last of this post actually meet that challenge.  I DO find using larger patterns extremely challenging - just not my preferred style I guess.

Card #1 (above): This first time, I solved my pattern dilemma by using a piece of the largest pattern for my focal, and the smallest pattern to mat the background paper.  As you can see, I added some purple - a frame for my focal, and a base for my greeting. I used a white vinyl sticker, that I created a long time ago with my Silhouette, for the greeting, and faux stitching lines with a white gel pen to tie it in better.

Inside:

Inside I just used one of the patterns, some tags that have been sitting in my stash forever, some scraps of the dark purple, and some Jewel Dazzles.  The stamped messages come from 3 different sets: HOTP Birthday Greetings, and JustRite's Circle of Love and Grateful Heart Vintage Labels Two.

Card #2:

Here I just used the smallest patterned paper with more purple scraps to create a card using die cuts from Hunkydory's Cute and Cuddly Whopper Topper pad.

Inside:

Card #3:

Here I managed to use the smaller of the two florals, but only by itself with purple scraps from my stash.  The purple strips were leftover from an embossed piece made using Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Nobility.  The base for the focal greeting was die cut with a Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Seven die.  The greeting was stamped on a piece from a long ago purchased set of scrapbooking pieces - using a stamp from JustRite's Friends Antique Labels One.

Inside:

More of the same - stamp is from a set I got in a card making magazine.  The set was called Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady.

Card #4:

Here's the other card made using all three of the patterned papers.  I can't take credit for the design, I had to go to my pintrest board where I have been collecting samples that use multiple patterns.  Here's a link t the one I used for inspiration: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/333477547381575316/ by quilterlin on flickr (though no longer there apparently).  

As you can see, I used scraps of purple paper and stickers to complete the card front.

Inside:

Inside is more of the same.

No comments: