Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, June 8, 2020

Wonderland Part 1


Today I have a couple of cards made from an Artful Card Kit called Wonderland (HOTP).  I've discovered that it seems to work best for me to pick an ACK and do what I can to completely use it up making cards.  I haven't gotten very far into this one, but I DO have two cards.  I tend to start by figuring out how to use the pieces I think will be the most challenging.  

Card #1: This first card starts with a patterned paper corner that I felt would be challenging.  In addition to inking the edges, I cut a slit in it so I could slide the lamp post die cut behind one of the printed stamps - to give the feel that things were piling up around the base of the the lamp pole.  The "stamp" on the far right and the white embellishment in the upper left were additional die cuts from the set.  The sentiment was a cut out - also from the set.  After assembling the card, I added some Puffy Stuff paint (Cosmic Shimmer) & heated it to create dimensional snow accents.

Inside:

Inside I added a piece of patterned paper (after inking the edges) and another cut out from the kit.

Card #2:

For this card, I got the idea to make the card front look a bit like a stamped, addressed envelope.  The background is another piece of the patterned paper used above.  The focal is a two-piece die cut - center glued directly to the paper while the frame is raised on foam tape.  Before gluing in place, however, I added a piece of patterned paper (from kit) that I had cut with a Crafter's Companion die called Festive Scene.  The houses & trees look like they belong there, don't they?  The "stamp" is a die cut from the kit - as is the label in the upper left corner.  I used a stamp from a Just Rite stamp set called Christmas Vintage Labels One to heat emboss the greeting in black.

Inside:

For the inside, I added a die cut border using the same Festive Scene die.  The houses here & on the card front were also coated with Spectrum Noir Sparkle paint to had a bit of glimmer that you can't see in this pictures. The border across the top is a die cut border piece from the kit.

No comments: