Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, June 3, 2020

HD Lilac Moments - Life's Journeys


Today I chose Hunkydory's Lilac Moments card kit - the set called "Life's Journeys - to use to make some cards.  I was able to make 5 cards from this set, and here they are!  

Card #1:  The first card is an easel card with a bicycle focal.  The background is AS (adorable scoreable card stock from the kit).  The focal is double matted - first on some paper doily lace pieces, then on a piece of black card stock that was embossed (Spellbinder's 3-D Mediterranean Medallion) and colored with Opal Polish (Cosmic Shimmer - Lavender Blue).  The sentiments are from the kit.  The one on the inside is mounted with foam tape so it can help hold the "easel" in place.  That inside sentiment was matted on a piece of card stock that was cut with a die from the Resplendent Rectangles set (Spellbinders) and then colored with Lavender Blue Opal Polish.

Card #2:

Next up is an interlocking gate fold card.  It's hard to tell in the picture, but the left panel was embossed with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots embossing folder.  (I would have embossed both sides, but my 8 1/2" wide Grand Caliber machine gave up the ghost and my back up machine will only allow things that are 6" wide - so my 7" card won't fit.)  Anyway, All the other elements are from the kit.

Card #3:

This third card turned out quite differently than initially envisioned because I tried - and failed - to die cut the purple adhesive-backed brushed purple paper.  While the die cut through the backing paper, it was not able to cut through the mylar surface so I had to go to "Plan B" which put the purple behind a white trellis (cut using Spellbinder's Criss Cross) - both pieces cut to fit behind the frame from the kit.  Before adding the focal & border (strip of purple mylar) I embossed the card front using Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots embossing folder.  The focal & sentiment were from the kit, but I added several adhesive-backed crystals to the card to complete it.

Card #4:

This 4th card is a very different shape - at least for the card front.  (The inside is standard rectangular shape).  I had an irregular piece of AS left over after cutting off the corners for card #5, but I decided I liked the shape as it was for a card! The card front is embossed with Cuttlebug's Rosa embossing folder. As you can see, I glued the focal to the front flap - and added a sentiment (once again being careful to avoid getting glue anywhere besides where it would attach to the focal).  I cut a strip from the border of the AS and used it for a border on the inside of the card.  You can just see the tip of this extending beyond the cut-away card front.

Card #5:

This last card is also a gate fold - but this time it's a diagonal gate fold card.  The peacock is a Heartfelt Creations design that a friend sent to me.  I colored it with Opal Polishes (Sunset Sky, and Pink Thistle).  The doily is from my stash - attached only to the upper right corner.  The sentiment was made using a Spellbinder's die from the Resplendent Rectangles set and a JustRite stamp (With Sympathy).

Here you can see it partially open (the dotted paper on the inside is an old HOTP paper):

No comments: