Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, June 19, 2020

Wonderland ACK Part 3


Today I was back to working on the HOTP Artful Card Kit (ACK) called Wonderland.  I got three more cards made, bringing my total from this kit to 8 cards so far with several more to go.  

Card #1: This first card is my favorite from what I made today. I liked the way I put 3 die cuts together to form one piece - then matted the whole on black - forming a nice backdrop for my focal.  The focal is the Rejoice Angel Small Stamp from HOTP.  I stamped it on card stock & heat embossed with clear powder.  Then I colored it using a waterbrush with markers (flesh, robe, and book) & Opal Polish from Cosmic Shimmer (gold on wings, hair, and highlights on the book & clothes).  In real life it's got a nice golden sparkle when seen in the light.  The angel & greeting are added with foam tape.  The papers are all from the ACK - including the chevron border paper (except for the black which is from my stash).  The greeting is actually two cut outs from the kit that are layered & added with foam tape.  I added a few Dazzles stickers from a Scrapbooking kit to finish the card front.

Inside:

Inside I used a scrap of black, and a scrap of patterned paper from the kit to form a bit of a border.  Then I added a cut out sentiment - quick & easy!

Card #2:

This next card makes use of a beautiful 3D embossing folder that I got with my Gemini machine.  It is called Ornate Lace, and you can see the beautiful pattern it makes.  I used paper from the kit & then colored the raised areas with Pine Needles Distress Ink.  I mounted this on black & then on a craft colored card.  I cut a strip of craft card stock, ran it through a Cuttlebug Embossing folder (Swiss Dots) and inked with the Pine Needles ink and then with black ink.  This forms a narrow border which anchors my focal & sentiment (both from the ACK).  I finished by adding several embellishments - snowflakes from the kit & gold Fleur De Lis scraps that had been die cut "innies" from the borders I die cut for a previous card (Spellbinder's Edgeability dies).

Inside:

Inside I matted another piece of craft card stock for a place to write my message, added a border strip of leftover papers, and added another die cut from the kit (and another Fleur De Lis scrap to "attach" it to the border).

Card #3:

The third card has a mix of papers, die cuts, and cut outs from the kit.  To this I've added black paper from my stash & some silver 3D Dazzles from HOTP.  The black Christmas tree is free-form cut & then has Dazzles added for decorations.

Inside:

Inside is more of the same - along with a cut out sentiment from the kit.

No comments: