Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, March 12, 2020

Berry Happy Birthday!


This quick card was made using a freebie from Debbie Moore.  Most of the papers and cut outs were from that, though I added a lacy die cut along the border on the card front.  

Materials/Method:
  • Card Front Background: I embossed the printed patterned paper using a "Damask" embossing folder from Darice.  I then hit the raised areas with red ink using a sponge applicator from Ranger.  After inking the edges of this with black and adhereing it to the card front, I die cut through both layers with a circle die (Quickcut), making sure it would line up with image I was planning to put inside.
  • Border & Greeting: The checkered border strip & heart were from the freebie.  The lacy die was die cut from white paper (die from Spellbinder's Parisian Accents) & then added just a touch of distress ink to turn it more ivory in color. The greeting was from the freebie.
  • Inside (see below): both elements on the inside were from the freebie.  I added a touch of black ink around the edges of the sentiment.
  • Back (see 2nd picture below): another piece from the freebie - added with a strip of the freebie patterned paper.



No comments: