Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, March 9, 2019

Kit Swap Card #2 (Partner's Kit)


Here's the card I made from the kit my partner sent me.  I made the shaker part with my fuse tool.  

Card Front:

Background: After embossing the card front & adding the patterned paper at the bottom, I traced around the edge of the jar die cut - and cut it out (saving the piece I removed for later).  

Shaker: I traced around the edge of the jar die cut a second time - this time onto scrap card stock - and used that as the pattern for fusing the edges of a plastic pocket with my fuse tool (leaving the top edge open so I could fill it).  After filling it, I fused the top closed and glued the pocket in place on the back of the card.  I glued the jar to the piece saved from the background.  This goes behind the shaker pocket to finish the look.  To do this well, I use a piece of plain card stock cut just smaller than the card panel.  This will cover everything and help keep it in place.  But before I finish with this, I want to put my greeting in place.

Greeting: I cut the greeting into a banner shape & attached it to the card front as shown.  Then I finished gluing everything in place from the last step (brad legs covered by the plain card stock).

Finishing: I added the jar lid at an angle so it looks like the shaker bits are trying to escape.  I added a strip of black card stock across the bottom to form a border, but before gluing it down, I added the three brads you see on the right-hand side.  After gluing this strip in place, I added some flower stickers to the left side.

Inside:

If I had realized sooner that most of these papers were double-sided, I might have done things differently, but by the time I figured it out, I decided to just use the back side of one to form this diamond shape.  As you can see, I put the greeting on the one side.  Then I cut a pink piece for the bottom, an orange piece for the side, a strip of plain green & a strip of the green I used on the front to form a border.  I cut a diamond shape from the back side of the orange & backed with plain green. After adding a sticker & brad to the center I glued that in place.

My swap partner agreed to let me post pictures of her make here. She did a great job!


Once again she decorated the envelope.  While all the elements are there and the jars look similar, there are more differences between these cards than between the first swap kit cards.  I love the way she fussy cut the scallops.

And on the inside she die cut the orange edge in a scallop.


No comments: