Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, October 23, 2017

HD Christmas Classics - Robin & Friends #1


Today's card is from the 4th topper set in the Hunkydory Christmas Classics Luxury Card Collection - the one called "Robin and Friends".  I came across this "inverted" center step card the other day and just had to try it.  It's super easy.  For the card base - instead of the step being on the outside, we move it to the inside.  This sets the center portion back instead of the edges - though I'm not sure how well you can see it in the picture above.  (Perhaps you can see the depth better in the last picture in this post.

MATERIALS:
  • Hunkydory Christmas Classics Luxury Card Collection
  • Essential Book of Christmas Sentiments 2016
  • Cream colored card base for 5" x 7" card
  • Red Glitter foam from the dollar store
  • Ribbon from my stash
  • foam tape

METHOD:
  1. Card Base - In the picture above, the dotted lines represent scored lines, and the sold represent cut lines (though please make them straighter than I could get in the picture!!!! )  The two score lines on the outer edges of the cut lines are along the original score line of your card.  I started with a 5"x 7" finished card size.  Score line A in this case is 1" from the lower edge, score line B is 1" above that.  Score line C is 1" past the original center score line.  Cut lines are equidistant from the edges - in this case I cut them 1 1/4" from the edge.  As you can see, they run from scoreline A to scoreline C.  All folds are mountain folds except for scoreline B.
  2. Sides & Lower Step - I cut a piece of Gold Mirri card stock at 5" x 7" - then cut out a piece in the upper center portion that was 4" x 4 1/2" so it perfectly fit the sides & lower step. I glued that in place, then added a strip of glitter foam tape - then added a greeting from the die cut sheet using foam tape.
  3. Center Portion of Card Front - I cut a piece of patterned card stock (from a previous topper kit in this same set) 4 1/2" x 4" and glued in place before adding the topper with foam tape.
  4. Finishing Front - Finally, I added a little greeting from the Essential book to the upper left corner with foam tape.
  5. Inside:  On the inside I took two strips of the patterned card stock and glued a 1/4" cream colored ribbon down the center of each strip (wrapping ends around to the back and gluing in place).  Then I centered pieces of 1/8" shiny gold ribbon down the center of the cream colored ribbon and glued in place - again wrapping the ends to the back.  Now I simply glued the strips in place as borders on each side of the inside of this card.



No comments: