Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, December 30, 2023

India Scrapbook Pages 8 to 11

  

First up is a two-page spread forming pages 8 & 9 of the scrapbook.  Both pages start with orange patterned card stock.  Inside that is a layer of yellow checked paper - then a layer of black.  Here's a closer look at each page:

Page 8:

After printing and cutting out the pictures, I glued them on the black background leaving a black border around each.  I then matted a small picture on black and placed it as an embellishment - in addition to yellow flower stickers.

Page 9:

For the right sided page, I started with a piece of orange patterned paper that was cut just a bit smaller than the black - so the black forms a mat for it.  The focal photo was matted on black before adding in place on the patterned paper.  My journaling takes quite a bit of space.  As you can see, I cut it with fancy edge top and bottom, and then matted with black.  After adding a border of black along the left edge, I centered the journaling and added more embellishments - a couple more matted photos and more of the yellow flower stickers.

Page 10:

Here I printed the journaling over the top of a faded copy of a picture of the airplane's wing.  As you can see, I matted that, a printed title, and two other pictures on a dark piece of paper.  The page felt quite "precise" - which did not reflect the busyness of Kolkata.  So, I added several arrows (Brad Buddies from HOTP) to try to speak to the busy surroundings.  Most of the arrows point toward important parts of the page, while the final one points to the Jain temple on the next page.

Page 11:

To illustrate the beauty of the Jain temple, I started with a beautiful foiled background that was reminiscent of some of the decorations in and around the temple.  The photos and journaling are matted on a piece of plain silver.  The title was printed and I added a portion of a close up of one of the pillars on each side.  The whole was then matted in silver and added with foam tape.

No comments: