Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, December 31, 2023

India Scrapbook Pages 12 & 13

Today I have a couple more India scrapbook pages. One of the big challenges of these pages was that the background paper was so busy.  I did a couple of things to decrease that feeling.  First, I added strips of an rust colored patterned paper.  This felt better, but still busy.  I added plain rust colored paper blocks at the bottom of the pages - this helped quite a bit.  Then I added narrow strips of that plain paper top and bottom of the patterned paper strips - which helped even more.  Here's a closer look at each page:

Trying to figure out how to fit all the journaling and photos on these pages was another challenge.  As you can see, with some of the pictures, I zoomed in on the important parts of the pictures & printed them up as small embellishments, while printing other pictures medium-small or more normal size.  I found it worked best to use Distress Ink & a round foam applicator to color the journaling background a bit bluish - they didn't blend into the page as well as I wanted when they were stark white.


The last challenge was how to include the airplane tickets without them overpowering the page.  Here I created a vellum envelope in which the sit - with a journaling over the top of it.  This keeps them easy to look at when desired, and yet not really competing for space.

No comments: