Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, January 25, 2023

3 Swap Cards for January

First up is a swap card that was was to have the theme of winter.  As you can see, I made a rabbits in the snow card.  The background is a patterned paper from Stampin' Up - from a pack called Feels Like Frost.  I matted this with a piece of brown paper from my stash.  The rabbits were fussy cut from some freebie downloads, and the stamp was from a small stamp set called Birthday Wishes - from Studio G.

Inside:

As you can see, I took the remaining piece of patterned paper, matted it, added another fussy cut rabbit, and glued it to the card as a border of sorts.  I finished by stamping with a stamp from Crafter's Companion Compendium stamp set - page called With Love.

Next up was a materials swap.  Here are the materials I sent to my partner - using an identical set to create a card myself:

A sheet of plain white card stock for making a card base, some printed digi freebies - papers & focal elements, a piece of glittered card stock, a heart-shaped paper doily, some ribbon, some Jewel Dazzles, and a couple of die cut words (dies from a card making magazine I bought - Die Cutting Essentials Issue 54 - from a die set called Piece by Piece.

Here's the card I made from these materials:

This card is a 5 x 7 version of the card I showed in this post - the one I call a Cut Away Card with Add On.  You can see the basics of how to make it there, but here are the measurements for creating a 5 x 7 version from a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 card stock.  


(NOTE: You really want to use fairly firm card stock for this card because in the 5 x 7 size it will be quite flimsy otherwise.)  For the card base, cut a piece that is 5" x 10 1/2" - then score it at 7".  From from the remaining card stock, cut a piece that is 3 1/2" x 5" - this forms the "Add-On".

For patterned paper, I cut three pieces that were 3 1/4" x 4 3/4".  Two were of one pattern - for the inside & outside of the card - the other was a coordinating pattern - for the cross piece attached to the card front.  (Because I added ribbon which showed on the back of the cross piece, I added another piece of the 2nd paper to cover that in the back, but it could be left plain.)  If you want to mat these pieces - you will cut the mats these sizes & then cut the patterned paper at 3" x 4 1/2" (which would allow you to get both from a 6 x 6 piece of paper - with a 1 1/2" strip left over that could be cut down for a border on the cross piece if you wished.  In this case, I was using printed digi papers, so had more left.  

For the focal, I started with a fussy cut printed floral heart (freebie download).  This was placed in the center of a heart-shaped doily - which was matted with blue glittered card stock which I cut to fit.  I added a strip of ribbon that went under the focal piece, but over the mats & cross piece.  Another bit of ribbon was tied into a bow and added at the point of the focal heart.  A strip of white card stock was cut with one of my punches, and the die cut words added for a sentiment - glued in place as you see here.

Inside:

As I mentioned earlier, I added the papers you see.  I also added 3 Jewel Dazzle stickers in the upper right corner.  I expect to be adding a stamped sentiment when I figure out what I want to say - but I could just write a personal message in that space instead.

And finally, here are the materials I got from  my swap partner:

And the card I made from it:

As you can see, I started with the "checkers" patterned paper - which I cut into strips for borders (inking the edges with black ink).  Next, I used the "cards" patterned paper, cutting it into some card shapes - which I inked before adding to the card.  I cut another one from a cream colored piece of card stock.  Two fussy cut hearts from the "cards" paper were added to the corners, and an "A" sticker completes the "Ace" card.  A bow made from the lacy ribbon, and a stamped/fussy cut greeting (Happy4Banners by The Stamps of Life - added with foam tape) completed the card front.

Inside:

A stamped greeting (Crafter's Companion Compendium - With Love) and card/border (as for the front) completed the inside.

No comments: