Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, September 19, 2022

September Materials Swap - Autumn

 

Today I have another "Materials Swap" card.  Above you see the front of the card I made from the materials I sent my partner - which you see below:

The printouts are from a Debbi Moore Freebie called Enchanted Seasons - Autumn Download.  I added printed paper from HOTP, some white card stock, a card base, and some Thanksgiving Confetti from my stash.

Card Front (above):  After fussy cutting the focal, I backed it with a white mat and glued it to the background printed paper.  I added the greeting and some confetti leaves.

Inside:


Inside I added more of the background paper, then added the fussy cut inside sentiment, some leaves top and bottom, and a "Happy Thanksgiving" confetti piece to the bottom of the poem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the materials my swap partner sent me & the card I made from it:

She sent a brown card base & envelope, a bunch of die cuts and Dazzles stickers, 2 pieces of plaid card stock that was white on the back, and a piece of orange card stock.  

Card Front:

Taking some ideas from a card sketch challenge, I die cut the background using a Spellbinders Card Creator's Die (Renaissance Jubilee Ravenna).  Using the back side of the plaid card stock, I die cut a partial circle to serve as the base mat for my focal - inking the whole with some distress ink.  Then I die cut and embossed a pumpkin (Cuttlebug die & matching embossing folder) to add to the other die cuts to form the focal.  The sentiment was stamped (JustRite's Antique Autumn Tags One stamps) using brown distress ink - on more of the inked card stock - with mat cut from the orange card stock.  I finished by adding a few of the gold Dazzles (cutting some of the pieces apart and using little leftover bits to finish the look).

Inside:

I used the leftover bits from the Ravenna die cut on the front to frame the inside.  I took a piece of white card stock & colored it with the same ink as I used on the outside of the card.  After adding the remaining die cuts at the bottom of the card (I actually turned the "acorn" over and inked the back side of it so it would be brown), I added a gold Dazzle greeting & gold Jewel Dazzles to finish the inside of the card.


No comments: