Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, September 6, 2022

HOTP Sketch Challenge & More

Today's cards are all made from a HOTP card kit - supplemented with things from my stash. The card you see above is actually the third card that I made from this one set.

Card #1

I started with the background paper & coordinating border.  Then I cut some circles & a flower (Spellbinders Blossom 5) that sort of repeated one of the motifs in the background paper.  I inked all the edges & glued it in place. The sentiment was stamped with a stamp from Gemini's Peek-a-boo Cat stamp and die set and added with a small foam square in the center for added dimensional interest.  I finished the card front with a bow made with ribbon from my stash.

Inside:

I quickly finished the inside with leftover paper from the card front (once again I inked the edges).

Card #2:


For this second card, I chose to use the green paper as the background paper, supplemented with paper scraps and cut outs from the kit.  In addition, I added a stamped vellum piece and a ribbon from my stash.

Inside:


As you can see, I used more elements from the kit & some scraps for the inside.  The stamped greeting was from Hunkydory's Perfect Pastimes stamp set.  It actually came curved so I had to force the sentiment to stamp straighter.  Then I heat embossed with white powder.

Card #3:


Purple was the 3rd color of patterned paper that came in the one card kit.  This time, after cutting it to the size to fit on the card front, I cut a lacy pattern out of it using dies called Georgette Squares by Tattered Lace.  I used the same set to cut a white mat for the focal - a printed vellum piece from my stash.  The tag was a cut out from the set.

Inside:

I will probably stamp messages on the inside, but haven't yet figured out what I want to do.

No comments: