Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, May 24, 2022

HD Little Book of Memorable Moments - Part 1


Once again today, I'm making cards from 4 Hunkydory Little Book pages that I have chosen - this time from the Little Book of Memorable Moments.  Here are the 4 pages I started with:
 

To these, I added materials from my stash to create the following 4 cards:


Here's a closer look at each:

Card #1:

 
This first one is made using a Made To Surprise die set called 5X7 Terrific Towers to create the card base and several of the mats.  The base was made from white card stock, and green, purple, and lavender papers from my stash created many of the background pieces.  I fussy cut the little butterfly from the little book page - then used a die (Labels Twenty-Seven from Spellbinders) to cut the focal from the little book page.  I matted this focal piece on a purple glimmer paper.  I also used the purple glimmer paper for the side background pieces, the greeting (Creative Expressions With Sympathy die - which I cut apart), a small border at the bottom, and matting for the butterfly.  I used a couple different types of ribbon.  One scrap was used as a border behind the focal, the other was used for a little bow.  I added a couple more strips of scraps to the sides - and then stamped a border greeting (HOTP Matching Borders and Focals) using Dusty Concord distress ink.

When folded for mailing, the card looks like this:
 
 
 
Card #2:

This is a pretty weird card - based in trying to cut out pieces of the little book page to create the card.  I started with a 5 x 7 craft card base, and trimmed a cream colored card stock piece to serve as the background.  I used a die (Spellbinders Scalloped Labels One) to cut around the glasses, then trimmed so each was only 1/2 the size of the die, and glued them to either side of the card front.  I used another die from the same set to cut out the top of the bottle & put it in place near the top of the card.  Then I cut two pieces of scrap - blue and brown - and die cut the word Celebrate (Spellbinders Joyful Celebrations die set) from each - inlaying the pieces as you see above.  To finish, I added pieces of some party hat confetti.  

Inside:

On the inside, I have a couple of small pieces that I die cut from the Little Book (Spellbinders Adorning Squares die set) that I glued on either side of a small brown piece with party hat confetti pieces.  I stamped the sentiment in blue dye ink (using one of Mom's stamps).

Card #3:

This one is an A2 birthday card for a grand nephew.  I started by using a cutting die (Stampendous Make It Pop die set) to cut out the puppy - then matted it on white.  I tore the edges of the remaining part of the little book page to fit the A2 card, glued it to the card front, and then added the focal dog with foam tape for dimension.  A die cut sentiment (Stacked Happy Birthday by Creative Expressions) was cut a couple of times from white card stock - glued together and adhered to the rainbow balloon.  I finished the card front by adding yellow stars brads & a larger star cut out (from a Crafts U Print freebie).

Inside:

For the inside I tore plain light blue to form sky, added a rainbow/star cut out from the same freebie used on the card front, and a couple hearts from my stash.

Card #4:

The final card started once again with a 5 x 7 craft card base - which was turned into a center step card.  I cut the borders off the little book page & used them for the border at the bottom of the card.  After squaring up the edges of the remaining piece of the little book page, I matted it on white & slipped it behind the border.  I found some blue scraps in my stash, matted them with white & glued on either side of the focal.  I die cut "Celebrate" from 3 different pieces of card stock (brown, white, gold - Spellbinders Joyous Celebrations die set).  Then I scattered a lot of stars (white & gold punched stars) on the borders & focal.

Inside:

I completed the card by adding a couple of pieces of card stock - blue and tan - and a few more punched stars.

No comments: