Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, May 8, 2022

HD Floral Shimmer - A Special Day to Celebrate

Today's cards again come from the Hunkydory kit called Floral Shimmer - this time from the set called A Special Day to Celebrate.  You can see the set below - 2 sheets of AS (adoreable scoreable card stock) and 1 sheet of die cuts.  Once again, I'm missing some pieces that I apparently used previously.

Here are the 5 cards I got from this partial set.

And now for a closer look.

Card #1:

This first card is a slimline card.  The matting and border is created from narrow scraps that were around other die cuts in this set.  The main panel is cut from the AS.  Narrow silver Dazzle Borders add interest & a sentiment from the set completes the card front.

Inside:


 Inside is a simple border (more scraps) and three tiny butterfly stickers from my stash.

Card #2:

As you can see from the picture at the top of this post, when this card is fully closed, the flowers on the inside show through to the outside through the vellum window.  After carefully die cutting the window, and covering it with this lovely subtle printed vellum, I added the panel I had made from the AS.  Before cutting the window in the AS, I had cut away part of the border strip on the one side, then added a narrow silver strip to the other side before adding part of the cutaway border.  The arched frame is great around the vellum covered opening, and I added a bunch of rhinestones to draw even more attention to it.  In the bottom left is a sentiment modified from a HD Little Book of Sentiments piece.  A large bow adorns the top left corner, and a butterfly with rhinestone body and a silver sentiment sticker complete the card front.

Inside:

Inside I simply have the arched die cut placed so it can show through to the front of the card.

Card #3:

This third card is really simple.  I started with pieces from the AS that I taped together to form this piece with a border strip.  The focal is one of the die cuts from the set, and the sentiment is from an HD Little Book of Sentiments.  Silver border stickers help set the border off from the rest of the card.  Looking at it, I may decide to add a few Jewel Dazzles in the lower right corner.

Inside:


I created a border with scraps from AS and die cut sheets from the kit.  A butterfly die cut tag completes the inside.

Card #4:

This is a shaker card.  I have a double layer of foam tape behind the acetate that holds the focal and the arched frame, with a variety of sequins and beads to form the shaker elements.

Inside:

The inside is pieced from a coordinating HD Little Book page.

Card #5:

As you can see, this one is a center step card.  Pieces from the AS form the bottom and sides of the card.  Part of a coordinating HD Floral Shimmer Little Book page forms the focal.  A small HD sentiment from a Little Book of Sentiments anchors the lower right corner, while a greeting sticker fills in the space near the top of the focal.  Scraps of thin line Dazzles complete the card front.

Inside:

Pieces of the AS and Thin Line Border Dazzles complete the inside.

No comments: