Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, October 11, 2021

It's a Cat's & Dog's Life - Part 1

Today's cards are my first from a Hunkydory Pop-a-Topper set called "It's a Cat's & Dog's Life".  There are three of each 6" x 6" sheet of toppers in the set - making it perfect to share with my Mom & SIL when they come to paper craft with me! 

Card #1 (above): Except for the toppers & associate greetings &/or borders, everything is from my stash.  In this case, I found the red glitter card stock & the black & white pattern in my scraps.  I added a border using a strip of black paper & a silver ribbon, and finished the front with a sequin & paper "snaps" that a friend gave me.

Inside:

Inside is more of the black paper & silver ribbon & another small die cut from the topper set.  The greetings were stamped with black ink (from HOTP sets - Birthday Cheer & Birthday Greetings).

Card #2:

This card is an interlocking gate-fold card.  In addition to the die cuts from the set, I have red glimmer paper for the background & strips of silver poster board for borders.

Inside:

Inside is more paper from my stash & another little die cut from the set.

Card #3:

The 2nd card finished up the die cuts from one page, so I started another - kittens this time.  The background for this card was a brown glimmer paper from my stash, embossed with an M-bossabilities folder (Spellbinders - 5x7 Imperial).  As you can see, I rounded the corners of the card & of the mats I created from gray scraps & gold metallic poster board.

Inside:

Scraps of the papers used on the front form the backdrop for the small die cut on the inside.

No comments: