Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, October 3, 2020

Bay Window Card

In preparing to host WCMD on the PWMB, I had been looking through various ideas I've collected over the years and came across a couple of "Bay Window" cards.  I thought it was a GREAT way to use scenic patterned papers - ones I love but have struggled to know how to use.  There were things I didn't particularly care for about each of the ones I saw, so I decided to make my own pattern.  Here it is:


This makes a finished card that is 4 1/2" x 6".  In addition to the base panel, you need a scene of some sort - 4 1/4" x 5".   Here's a picture of what my initial scene looked like:


Card #1 (when closed):

Normally when I make this type of card, I simply cut the scene into 3 panels - 1 5/8" x 4 1/4" for the Left & Right panels and 1 3/4" x 4 1/4" for the center panel.  This time, I made the white mats that size and trimmed the 3 panels that I cut from the initial scene even smaller to fit within the mats.  

The greeting on the front of the card was stamped & heat embossed from a set called "Labels and Trims" (HOTP).  It was die cut with a JustRite die from the set "Vintage Labels Four".

Inside:

In addition to adding white panels inside, I added a greeting that was stamped & heat embossed using stamps from two different sets - the outline was from the same "Labels and Trims", while the message inside was from "Because I Care" from JustRite.  As always for this type of card, it is attached with a piece of foam tape down the CENTER (not going to the edge since that needs to be free for the card front to tuck into.


Card #2 (as displayed):


Card #2 (when closed): 


This time I used a panel from a set from Heartfelt Creations called "Woodsy Wonderland". I also added a small bird & butterfly that I made using their coordinating stamps and dies.  The stamped greeting is from a small stamp set from HOTP called "Dragonfly".

Card #2 (inside):


Inside I used more patterned paper from the Woodsy Wonderland collection & added another butterfly.  The stamped greeting came from another HOTP set called "Matching Borders and Focals".

Card #3 (as displayed):

Card #3 (when closed): 


This time I used a patterned piece of card stock as my card base - a yellow plaid.  For my scene, I printed a freebie from Debbi Moore.  This time I chose to ink the edges of each panel in black ink.  The greeting was stamped using a stamp from JustRite's "Grand Sentiments".  This was then die cut using a die from HOTP's "9 Tiny Tags and Little Labels".  The butterfly was from the dollar store.

Card #3 (inside):

Inside is a panel of white paper that was sprayed with golden glimmer mist for a light golden sheen.  The greeting was stamped from JustRite's "You are the Best" set and then die cut and stenciled using another JustRite die from the "Vintage Labels Two" set.

No comments: