Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, October 25, 2019

Pick & Play


On one of the message boards I frequent, they hosted a "pick and play" event where they pick a theme and list categories within that theme that you pick from.  After you've picked your choices, they go back and tell you what each one represents.   For this card I had picked items that meant I needed to make a standard fold card with a square or rectangular focal, I needed to add bling, and the colors used needed to be brown, orange & pink.  Now I'll admit that color scheme is NOT my favorite, but I was reminded of a paper pack called "Grapefruit" from HOTP that used those colors.  While I didn't purchase that paper pack (because I don't like that color combo!), they did have a freebie downloadable page of coordinating artwork that I was able to use to create this card.  In addition to those freebies, I used: 
  • pink card stock
  • acetate
  • brown fun foam
  • brown glimmer paper
  • stamps (HOTP - Just a Little Greeting, Birthday Cheer, Birthday Greetings)
  • distress ink (Walnut Stain), 
  • Warm Chocolate Liquid Pearls, 
  • "diamonds" from my diamond painting
  • microbeads
  • fine pink glitter (don't use this again!!!!)
  • embossing folder (A2 Swirl Background by Darice)
 Here's the inside:


This next card was SUPPOSED to have been my 2nd pick & play - but I made a mistake.  More about that later.  

Materials used:
  • black card stock & white card stock
  • printed vellum from the 8 1/2" x 11" HOTP book called "Painted Vellum" (an old one!), 
  • black & white striped washi tape
  • red metallic tape
  • red jewel dazzles
  • artwork from Cardmaker's Instant Card Art Classic Colors & coordinating papers (HOTP)
  • embossing folder (5x7 Damask by Darice)
I had a really hard time photographing these as the red metallic tape often ends up looking black.  Anyway, here's the inside:


I had a lot of fun making this because what I had picked required me to use red/white/black color scheme, vellum for the focal, and ribbon or washi tape.  Since I seldom use vellum or washi tape, it was a good challenge.  The vellum I used came as a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet with a printed ladybug border. I cut up that vellum sheet a LOT to make the card.  However, I forgot the part where this card was supposed to be a gate fold!  OOPS!  

So I had to scavenge it to make a new gate fold card.  I pulled off the focal piece and remade the card base entirely.


I did the inside quite differently, including cutting out a bunch of the remaining ladybugs and gluing them to the inside (had to draw their feelers in with a pen since cutting those out would not have produced very good results!).
 

This meant I had the base card from the original left over.  So, I added some Hunkydory cutouts a silver hearts on black washi tape, some border stickers and some silver foil tag board, and ended up with this card:


Here's the inside:


No comments: