Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, October 26, 2019

Masculine Card Challenge


This card was made for a challenge.  It had to meet 5 criteria:
  1. Masculine
  2. Ribbon
  3. Foil Element
  4. No Patterned Paper
  5. Orange


Looks pretty simple, right?  It was a pain to make this card!  The foiled element is what got to me.  I decided to use some black foil that was supposed to be applied by using glue.  I decided to try stamping with glue.  It MIGHT have worked out if I had let the glue dry some before applying the foil, but the instructions with the glue pad said to apply it right away. So . . . It was such a mess I had to cut a smaller square to cover it & stamp the focal in black VersaMark instead. 

I still needed a foiled element, so I used a glue pen to go around the scalloped edges of the focal, let it dry a bit, then applied the foil.  That worked better, but not great.  No wonder hot foil has become so popular!

Anyway, next I had to add ribbon - I wanted it to help form a border along the edges of the embossed paper & yet not hide too much of it.  I also wanted the ends folded over so there would be no raw edges.  I guess that worked reasonably well. 

Oh yes, the stamp I used was from the set "Birthday Cheer" by HOTP.  The scalloped die was a Spellbinder's one.  The embossing was done with an embossing folder from Darice called "Woodgrain A2".  The curlicues were a small punch from my stash.

1 comment:

Becca Sadler said...

Your card has photographed well! The textured embossing really stands out to me.