Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, July 27, 2017

One Sheet Wonder Card #2


This is the second in my "one sheet wonder" set.  In general for this set of cards, in addition to that one sheet of paper (from HOTP "Artful Watercolor"), I used:
  • Card stock cut & folded to make a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base.
  • Printouts of an art & tag freebie download that was designed to go with the paper (and occasionally black or white card stock to stabilize them so I could pop them up with foam tape).
  • Black paper - mostly for matting.  
  • Black Sharpie - for faux matting
  • Misc embellishments from my stash. 
If you look at the template on this page, you'll see that the pieces labeled #2 are the ones that were used for this card.

CARD FRONT:
  • Background - I matted the triangle of patterned paper on black paper and attached it to the card leaving a narrow edge around it.  I took a piece of lace and glued it over the edge with double-sided adhesive down the center.  I trimmed the corners & added Fray Check to all the ends to keep the lace from unraveling.
  • Focal & Finishing - The basic piece was another piece from the sheet of printed artwork.  I cut it with a narrow white edge around it and then matted it on black card stock with a narrow edge.  I stamped & embossed the sentiment using a stamp from the "Heartfelt Greetings" stamp set from HOTP.  I added small black Jewel Dazzles near the base of the fans in the design.  I added larger black Jewel Dazzles (HOTP) in the bottom right corner of the card as well.  I finished the card front with two butterfly stickers.  I colored them with Sharpies to turn the pastel colors into something that went better with my card. The larger butterfly was mounted to card stock and then fussy cut around it.  Then I folded the wings up, and attached just the body to the card so the wings would float free.
INSIDE:

The inside of this one - like that of the last one - is pretty simple.  It's just a piece of the patterned paper with a Sharpie-drawn faux mat around it.

No comments: