Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, July 29, 2017

One Sheet Wonder #4


This is the forth in my "one sheet wonder" set.  In general for this set of cards, in addition to that one sheet of paper (from HOTP "Artful Watercolor"), I used:
  • Card stock cut & folded to make a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base.
  • Printouts of an art & tag freebie download that was designed to go with the paper (and occasionally black or white card stock to stabilize them so I could pop them up with foam tape).
  • Black paper - mostly for matting.  
  • Black Sharpie - for faux matting
  • Misc embellishments from my stash. 
If you look at the template on this page, you'll see that the pieces labeled #4 are the ones that were used for this card.  I used the largest of the HOTP Design Toolkit #1 templates to draw the shape before cutting along the line with my scissors (could also try using a border die!).  

CARD FRONT:

  • Background: I matted both pieces on black paper, then glued the larger one to the top of the card front and the smaller one to the bottom inside of the card - leaving a narrow edge all the way around.  I then cut away the front of the card below the matted patterned paper, leaving the same size narrow edge.
  • Focal/Greeting: The word "LOVE" was a piece of the printed freebie artwork.  I cut it out with a narrow white border, then matted it on black card stock leaving a 1/4" edge all the way around.  The word "You" was stamped on black paper and heat embossed with white powder.  The stamp used was actually a "Thank You" stamp that I masked to get just the "you".  It was from a JustRite set called "Grand Sentiments". I matted this on white paper cutting around it to create a narrow white edge - reminiscent of the letters in the word "love".  I attached them to the card front as shown - the word "love" was attached with foam tape for added dimension.
 INSIDE:

The inside is pretty simple - the patterned shape matted on black paper.

No comments: