Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, February 27, 2023

February 2023 Materials Swap - Snowman

As I enjoy doing, I participated once again in a materials swap on a message board I frequent.  Here is a picture of the materials I put in my kit & mailed to my partner.  It consisted of a page from Hunkydory's Little Book of WinterTime, a few Dazzles (HOTP), and ribbon, red glimmer paper, white glitter card stock, and card base - all from my stash.

And here is the card I made from my identical set of materials:

As you can see, I fussy cut the LB page to give me a cleaner background.  I matted it on the glitter card stock and then on the red, but before I did that, I die cut a sentiment from the red (Winter wonderland mini from Moonstone).  After gluing the layers together, but before adding to the card, I added a ribbon border at the bottom, and the sentiment near the top.

Inside:

Inside I created a border using scraps of the red glimmer paper & white glitter card stock.  I then stamped a message using a stamp from the Crafter's Companion Compendium stamps page called Believe in the Magic.

Materials I received from my swap partner:

Card I made from them:

I started with the snowy background and matted it with dark blue (cutting out the center so I could use it later - like for the INSIDE!)  I used a craft knife to cut right next to the tree, so I could slip the little die cut house behind it.  I added a border - matted on white card stock & wrapped with ribbon at the bottom.  Since she had sent a 2nd house, I used it and a small punch to cut out red "snowflakes" to give a bit of color on the border.  Last, I added the dimensional snowman sticker before gluing the whole to the card front.

Inside:

I used the leftover scene paper & some of the leftover blue card stock to help form the scene you see on the left.  I added another snowman sticker - but first removed all dimensional elements and glued it directly to the scene to decrease bulk.  The stamp is from CCC set called Warmest Wishes.

No comments: