Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, March 11, 2021

HD Paws For Thought - Just Fur You

Paws for Thought (from Hunkydory) is one of my favorite card kits of all time.   This set, Just Fur You, is no exception.   I got 6 cards from the set, though the last 3 do not have completed "insides".  All materials were from the set except as noted below.

Card #1 (above): I'm finally learning that I can cut up frames to add interest to the card.  Here's an example of that.  The frame would certainly not have fit on this slim-line card - and was too big for the focal anyway - but by cutting off part of it, I have an easy & interesting card.  I was careful the way I cut the adorable scoreable card stock (AS).  I got three card fronts from it.  For this one, I cut off the left side with this border - then also cut a narrow strip from the border and saved it for the inside. I double matted the background, using a pretty copper foil paper that picked up the color in the border, and then finishing with gold poster board.

Inside:

Inside I just have a few scraps of what was used on the outside of the card.

Card #2:

This card was made from the right side of the AS.  I didn't care for the plain white strip between the flowers and the dark blue, so I added a thin-line border Dazzle sticker (HOTP).  I cut a gold frame from poster board (using Fun Stampers Journey's Rectangles Long - though I cut it once & then moved the die & cut again since it wasn't long enough).  The greeting is from the set & added with foam tape.

Inside:

For the inside, I cut a border from the set in half & put it top & bottom.  I added a bit more of the same border Dazzle sticker to form a "hanger" and then added another sentiment from the set.

Card #3:

You may note the "hanger" on this one.  It is the left over piece of frame from the first card.   I thought it all came together very well with the middle part of the AS as background, another border piece from the set, and the focal.  The sentiment is from a HD Little Book of Essential Greetings from 2016, and is "held in place" by a Jewel Dazzle (HOTP).

Inside:

You can easily see that the border was created using pieces left over from the card front.  The sentiment is from a Fiskar's stamp set called Friends Furever.

Card #4:

Once again I cut 3 card fronts from the piece of AS.  I first cut off a piece from the right side that was a little less than 5" wide & saved it for the next card (#5).  From the remaining, I cut this card front, then added a blue card stock border & gold poster board frame (cut with Spellbinders' 5 x 7 Matting Basics). The sentiment is from the set.

Card #5:

To create this card front, I first cut off the bottom border from the nearly 5" wide strip of AS mentioned above.  Then I shortened it along that line so it would fit the card front & added a blue strip of paper from my stash before gluing the border I had removed in place on top of the blue strip.  I used the trick of cutting a piece of the frame to use as a "hanger", but also cut small pieces to put either side to form a "border strip".  Jewel Dazzles not only form the "fastener" but also add a bit of decoration to the left edge.  Using a piece of gold poster board for the die cut mat, I cut a sentiment from the blue card stock using dies from Rosa's Love Words die set.  

Card #6:

This final card was made using the strip of AS that was left over from card #4.  It was much more narrow than the cards I usually make - but not as long as I like for slimline cards.  I used the left over frame to highlight the focal and help it stand out even though it's small.  I used a strip cut from the punch out scraps to add to the border.  The sentiment was a print out from my stash that I matted with gold poster board - which I also used top & bottom of the card.  A blue piece of card stock adds a bit more of the blue color to the bottom border (and fills in the gap remaining from the strips of gold scraps that I had).

No comments: