Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, November 5, 2020

HD Christmas Past - O Come Let Us Adore Him

Today I have four more cards from the Hunkydory Christmas Past Luxury Card Kit.  This set is called "O Come Let Us Adore Him".  Most materials for these cards came in the kit - focals, embellishments, greetings, and AS (adorable scoreable card stock). Additional supplies/tools used are listed below.

Card #1 (above): This card started as a cream colored card blank.  I added borders top & bottom that were taken from one of the AS sheets.  On top of this I layered a gold metallic poster board mat die cut with a die from Spellbinder's Labels Twenty-Eight - then the focal.  The frame was a large squarish one - too large for the card, so I cut some of it out & attached the remaining pieces as shown before adding the greetings (top one is cut from a border strip).

Card #2: This is a large card - 7 1/2" square.  The card base is part acetate & part card stock.  (The card front is acetate - the inside/back is card stock.)  To the acetate, I added a background of AS from which I had cut an aperture using a die from Spellbinder's Labels Three die set. (I inked the edges with a colored Sharpie pen before doing so.)  I added the frame & the sentiment - the focal is actually inside.

Inside:

As you can see in the above picture, I added a focal & border strip to the inside of the card.  I also used gold washi tape to cover the back side of the card front where the glue holding the background would have shown through.

Card #3:

To the AS background mat, I glued a piece of AS for the focal - framed by a piece of gold metallic poster board that had the center cut out using a Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Eight die.  A border and sentiment (from the 2016 HD Essential Christmas Sentiments) complete the look.

Card #4:

The last card from this set is an easel card.  Background & inside strip are AS, a small embellishment was matted & framed using AS & gold metallic poster board & dies from the Labels Three set of dies from Spellbinders (the AS was the piece cut out from the AS used on the acetate card).  A couple of sentiments finish the card - the "Noel" one is from Essential Christmas Sentiments.  Here's what it looks like when closed:

These 4 cards bring the total so far from the Christmas Past set to 26.

No comments: