Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, September 5, 2019

August Papers from Cardmaking Magazine


Next up are 9 cards made mostly from the papers included in the August issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine.  I tend to struggle to use patterned papers - preferring a more simple look, myself. So, I challenged myself to use all the patterned papers that came in the magazine - and to use multiple patterns on a single card when I could. 

This first only uses one of the patterns, though.  It is an A2 card to which I also added black paper, and orchid card stock.  The greeting was stamped using a "small stamp" set from HOTP called "Butterflies and Swirls".  Some flower "jewels" and small purple feather complete this card.  Here's the inside:


The second card is one of my favorites.  It uses two different patterns.  It is a fold back card & has added butterfly stickers from my stash. The sentiment is cut from the papers:


Here you see it opened up:


The 3rd card is made from a sketch - a technique I struggle with! Not liking the patterned papers I had to pair with this, I found a variety of green papers in my stash that I could use: 
   

I used die cuts for a couple of the mats & the "button" (Spellbinder's "Beaded Circles" and Nellie's "Flower Multi-frame"). Both inside and outside use some cut outs from the paper set.  Here's the inside:


The 4th card pairs black with the patterned paper, along with a few cut outs from the papers.  In addition, I added some sequins and butterfly sticker from my stash:


Inside:


This next one is kind of fun.  It is a Triple Gate Fold cards with a belly band.  I created it from a pattern found in one of the Card Folding CD's from HOTP. In addition to the pink and white butterfly paper from the paper set, I added some pink "salted" paper from my stash, some darker pink card stock, ribbon, doily pieces, and butterfly stickers:


Here it is with belly band removed & first gate fold opened, exposing the next one:


And here it is with the second gate fold opened, exposing the third:


And here it is with the final gate fold opened:


Card number six is a cut-away easel card, using two different papers from the set.  This is what it looks like closed:


Here it is set up as an easel:


And here it's open to show the message area:


The 7th card makes use of a textured lavender paper, purple glimmer paper and ribbon from my stash.  As you can see, many of the corners are rounded, and the edges of  most are inked.  The sentiment (cut from the papers) is matted on a lavender piece die cut with a die from "11 Labels and Trims" Paper Artist die set:


And the inside:

The picture for card number eight makes it challenging to see the patterned paper which is in between the black strips.  You'll be able to see the pattern better in the picture of the inside of the card.  The focal for this card was a label from "Butterfly Card Toppers" - a HOTP "Color Me" topper set.  I colored it using my Inktense pencils and a water brush.  After fussy cutting around it, I backed it with a black die cut mat (Spellbinder's "Decorative Labels Eight").  I added a Dazzle border sticker & strip of card stock near the bottom, and finished with a couple more butterfly stickers:


The inside used just the patterned paper matted on black with the strip of colored card stock & another butterfly sticker.


The 9th and final card from these papers is a cut away card.  I cut away both side edges of the front.  Here you see the card opened and propped up:


Here it is closed:


In addition to the patterned paper, I used black paper strips and mats on the borders & black & purple mats for the center section.  The sentiment is a scrap left over from a Hunkydory set - not sure which at this point.  The butterfly focal is a sticker mounted on a die cut tag (Spellbinders Fancy Tags), through which a strip of black paper has been threaded.  I added sequins to the borders.

Here's what it looks like on the inside:


As you can see, I added another butterfly sticker & more sequins as a "flight trail".

No comments: