Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, January 16, 2019

"C" swap


Today's card was made for a card swap.  The focal had to start with "C" so I went with a CAT!  The card front has the bottom cut away & tucked behind the "I miss you!" sentiment to hold it closed.  The cat focal is just glued to the card front but extends beyond it.  

FOCAL: The stamps & dies used for the cat, bow & basket were from a Stampendous set called "Pop Up Kitties".  I just love them!  The basket was stamped onto a linen-look printed card stock, the basket cover on a scrap of patterned paper (old one from HOTP), the bow on a holographic cardstock (HOTP), and the cat on a dark brown printed card stock.  I added color to the cat using chalks and smooch ink for the cat's eyes & nose before attaching the head with a wobble spring.

The sentiment came from a North Coast Creations stamp set called Floral Sentiments 8.  It was stamped on white paper, the corners rounded, and the edges inked.  I attached it to the card with foam tape on the lower edge, aligned so it would catch the edge of the card.

The corner treatment was cut from a mulberry paper using a Spellbinders die from the "Botanical Swirls and Accents" set.  I cut away the triangle frame so I would have a more organic vine look.  

After I took the picture, I decided it would look better if I rounded all the corners - so I did! :)

No comments: