Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, November 1, 2018

Napkin "Innards"

After making a bunch of napkin cards using the freezer paper technique (see post here), I had a bunch of the inner layers left over - plain white or with a bit of bleed through from whatever was the top layer.  What to do with them all?  I hated to just throw them away!  I decided to find ways to color them & then use them with freezer paper like the top layers of the napkins.  

I used 4 coloring mediums for coloring them - but basically all meant getting the napkins wet & then gently drying them with a heat tool.  I used:
  • Color Burst - The dark green in the foreground & the pinkish one on the right both were colored by sprinkling Color Burst powder over them & then misting with water.  (The green one also had some white Perfect Pearls added.)
  • Perfect Pearls - I sprinkled various colors of Perfect Pearls on some & misted with water. (I put this on several, but in the picture you can see it best as the silvery/white on the dark green.
  • Distress Oxide Inks - I used the ink pads to add ink to my craft sheet, misted the colors with water, and then put the napkin over it to soak up the colored water.  I found that I had to be VERY careful so the napkin didn't tear (this was true for all of them, but more so for this one since I was laying the napkin into the color rather than just sprinkling/spraying on top.  It was best to add a bit of color, dry the napkin thoroughly with a heat tool, then add more color if needed.  The peachy/red at the top was made this way.
  • Glimmer Mist - I sprayed them with various colors of glimmer mist.  I love Glimmer Mist and used it on many of my examples, including the silver, and light greens that you can see in the picture.
For several of them, I combined color mediums.

No comments: