Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, July 27, 2016

I will Joyfully Sing in the Morning


As usual, for the spiritual lessons learned while doing this page, check here.  As for how I created this page:
  • Looking through my stamps for something to illustrate the idea of joyfully singing of God's lovingkindess, I came across a musical set I got from JustRite called Musical Notes Labels Twenty.  After preparing the page (with Art Basics white gesso in the upper corner to cover the page heading, and then Dina Wakley clear gesso to protect the whole page), I stamped the saying in the upper corner (It says, "Music washes away from the Soul the dust of Everyday Life".), the bird part-way down the page, and a few musical notes scattered between - all with VersaFine ink. (StazOn might have been a better choice since I ended up using watercolor pencils and had to be very careful to try to keep the stamped ink from bleeding.)
  • After stamping the images, I colored them with Zig Scroll & Brush markers, watercolor pencils, and Wink of Stella.  Oh yes, I took a white gel pen & added color for the bird's eye.
  • Next I added the lettering with a Scroll & brush marker.  I decided I wanted a background on the page, but since the words & bird were blue, blue wouldn't stand out as well for a background, so I decided to try for a brownish-gold color.  I remembered the ONE gelato I have - a gold one.  I scribbled with it on my craft mat & then picked up the color with a water brush, brushing carefully around the words & images before adding it to the rest of the page.  It was my first time to use gelato like this and I really like the result.  In real life its got a soft glimmer to it.  Very pretty.

No comments: