Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, April 13, 2016

A Couple of "Artful Affirmations"

Today I have two quick cards that showcase some paper tole from HOTP called "Artful Affirmations".  They come 3 to a sheet, but I had already used some of what was on the sheet so just had two left.  I combined them with coordinating papers from a HOTP paper pack called "Artful Watercolor".  

For this first one, this is what I did:
  • Background: I simply used two paper scraps from the pack.  Because of the collage look on these papers, you really can't even tell where the join line is between the two pieces (unless you know the paper well).  The join line is the vertical line that runs just to the right of center.  I attached them to the card front and then inked the edges with black ink.
  • Focal: The focal started with the paper collage piece - put together as indicated with foam tape between layers.  For the mat, I used a die from Spellbinders Grand Ovals to cut and emboss the purple patterned paper (from the pack).  Then I colored around the edges with a gray Spectrum Noir alcohol pen, using the die to try to help me get straight curves.  Even using the die, I still wasn't happy with the look, so I used some black Fine Line Border Dazzles (HOTP) to border between the grey & the pink - and then again half-way between the two where the embossing line was.
 The second paper tole was a tag and I found it a bit harder to work with.  This is what I came up with:

  • Background: I cut a piece of the striped paper 1/2 inch smaller than the card and inked the edges with black ink.  Then I centered it on the card.
  • Focal:  The tag by itself didn't do much for me.  I started by matting it with black.  Then saw that it would fit fairly well on a piece of die-cut black paper (Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight).  But I didn't like it with just the black mat, so added a piece of tan paper that I had cut in a rectangle & rounded the corners.  I added a pink ribbon across the mat near the top before attaching the matted tag with foam tape.  A bow at the top of the tag finished things off.

No comments: