Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thanksgiving Minis Part 10

Today's cards are the last of the Thanksgiving Minis (for now at least - they're SO much fun to make)!  Though these look complicated, they were very easy FOR ME because I used what started out as a 12" border I had received in a swap (thanks KarenLiz!).  It's really hard for me to use things I've gotten in a swap - especially when I cut it up like I did with this one.  It feels like I'm desecrating someone's work or something - but since she had sent 3 borders that were all basically the same, I figured I could save two of them & just use this one. :)

Anyway, I can't tell you exactly what tools she used, but can tell you in general how the border was made.  She started with a strip of brown patterned paper - 2" to 2 1/2" wide and used a border punch along one edge.  She then took a much narrower strip of light colored paper (maybe 3/4" to 1" wide) and used the same punch along one edge.  She shaded this one a bit - not sure if she used chalks or ink - then layered the two on top of each other.  Next she added some die cut leaves in different colors - some of which she had shaded once again.  Then she added a few little orange dots of something - not sure what they are but they are about the thickness of foam tape.

As you can see, I cut pieces of this border for the two cards on this page and then finished them up with outline sticker greetings that I colored to coordinate with the card.  The one on the first card is a Dazzles sticker from a sheet of black Tiny Words and Phrases.  I'm not sure where the ones I used on this next card came from.


Now I just need to make 21 envelopes for all these Mini Thanksgiving cards!

No comments: