Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sketch Challenge


This card is my take on a sketch challenge posted on the Paper Wishes Message Board.  I took several liberties with the sketch, but was intrigued by the little envelope in the sketch.  I have an old book from Hot Off the Press that has a bunch of vellum envelopes in it and I've been trying to figure out how to use them, so I figured this was a perfect chance to try.

PW Sketch
This is the sketch.  As you can see, rather than a 3-row greeting, I stamped my greeting all over the striped paper, my envelope was set at a bit of an angle, and the corner treatments are a bit different, but I'm sure you can see the similarities as well.

For the corner treatments, I used a spellbinders die from the Decorative Labels Twenty-seven set with purple glimmer paper and threaded a white ribbon and purple piece through that. The flowers are from the same vellum book as the envelope - cut out and backed with white paper so they can be seen better.

I made a little greeting to go in the envelope by using a small embossing folder that I inked with some dusty concord distress ink before embossing.  Here's a picture with the little greeting mostly pulled out of the envelope so you can see it:
The raised white letters really stand out well against the distress-colored background.

No comments: