Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, April 30, 2012

Paper Piecing with the Silhouette

Making your own embellishments is not only fun, but can ensure you have something that really supports the theme of your card or scrapbook page.  These elements are ones I made for a scrapbook elements swap.  They were cut on my Silhouette using different colors of cardstock and then glued together for a quick and easy paper pieced effect.  HINT:  For putting glue on all the little pieces, nothing beats the little Xyron sitcker machine!

I'm not sure where I got the patterns.  Some might have come with the Silhouette machine, some might have come from the UKScrappers web site (the Craft Robo/Silhouette forum), and others might have come from a set of pattern books I got from Hot Off the Press.  And I easily could have adapted them from any of these places as well.  Once thing about it, the Silhouette certainly makes it easier for folks that would rather avoid the trace and cut aspect of most paper piecing! 

I really appreciate that the Silhouette software allows one to create cut lines from a jpeg file.  This makes it pretty easy to take a pattern and get it cut electronically.  I even have done "print and cut" with my Silhouette where I made some paper pieced daisies, but printed their "faces" before having the Silhouette cut them out.  NICE!

No comments: