Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Only One Sheet!!!!



 










Do you ever find the "perfect" paper for a project, only to realize you only have one sheet of the paper and your project is a 2-4 page project? Not to worry! Plan it out and you can make your paper stretch!

In the first example, there were FOUR pages of tropical fish that I wanted to use my coral reef paper for. I cut it in half, and then carefully tore each half in approxmiately half lengthwise. This gave me 4 borders -- one for each page. I paired them with coordingating paper. On two pages I put the borders horizontal and on two I put them vertical.

In my 2nd example, I had one sheet of striped paper that was 11 3/4" x 12 and I wanted to use it for three 12 x 12 pages! The first two pages were pretty easy -- I cut 2 strips 11 3/4 x 2 1/2", and used the dark paper to "frame" it so the fact it isn't the full 12" long doesn't look weird. The 3rd page (this was my mock-up, I don't have a picture of the finished page) was a bit trickier. I first cut a couple of strips for the top and bottom. Once again, they were 11 3/4" long, so I matted them onto white to make the full 12" length I was looking for. From the remaining piece I carefully cut out a frame for the large picture. From the inside of that frame, I cut out the two frames for the smaller pictures beside it. From the inside of the two smaller frames and a bit of scrap left over from the cut of the original frame, I cut out the letters for the title.

No comments: